The Chevrolet Cruze took the compact sedan market by storm in 2008. It changed the game by raising the style, performance, and high-tech offerings bar. Available at a competitive price and offering incredible fuel efficiency, the Cruze introduces drivers to a world of possibilities.
2014’s model reinvigorates the Cruze lineup with even more sought-after features. Roomy and packed with first-rate materials and equipment, it’s no wonder this sedan has become a class leader in such a brief amount of time.
New for the 2014 Chevy Cruze is a Cruze Clean turbodiesel engine. This improved engine amplifies the sedan’s fuel economy, as well as the power it produces. Available in 11 trim levels, this year model aims to please a diverse crowd of drivers.
Trim levels available:
· 1LT Auto 4dr Sedan (26/38 mpg)
· 1LT Manual 4dr Sedan (26/38 mpg)
· 2LT Auto 4dr Sedan (26/38 mpg)
· 2LT Manual 4dr Sedan (26/38 mpg)
· Diesel 4dr Sedan (27/46 mpg)
· ECO Auto 4dr Sedan (26/39 mpg)
· ECO Manual 4dr Sedan (28/42 mpg)
· LS Auto 4dr Sedan (22/35 mpg)
· LS Manual 4dr Sedan (25/36 mpg)
· LT w/1FL 4dr Sedan (26/38 mpg)
· LTZ 4dr Sedan (26/38 mpg)
The exterior of the Cruze is angular and strong, accented with its signature split front grille. Expect remote keyless entry, power door mirrors, rear cargo space, automatic and delay-off headlamps, and a rear window defroster. The base model also provides variably intermittent windshield wipers and a low tire pressure warning system.
Drivers can upgrade their vehicles with heated door mirrors, spoilers, front fog lights, backup parking assist, and alloy wheels. Depending on trim level, drivers can rev up either a 1.8-liter inline-4 engine, an Eco 1.4-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine, or the aforementioned turbo diesel. In addition, the RS package brings out the Cruze’s sporty side with flashy rear and front fascias and a less elevated body structure.
Driving the Chevrolet Cruze is a distinctive and memorable experience. Given its affordable price range, the caliber of the performance output is commendable. It achieves an impressively secure feel as it makes its way down city streets and highways, offering consistently smooth travels.
A highpoint of the Chevy Cruze’s interior is its spaciousness. Headroom and legroom are generous, which makes for a vehicle that both drivers and passengers can enjoy. The sedan employs quality materials, boosting its solid reputation for luxury.
Standard equipment includes Bluetooth wireless technology, cloth upholstery, an AM/FM/satellite radio with CD and USB capabilities, and a six-month OnStar trial. The Diesel trim level boosts the quality of the cabin with leather upholstery and the MyLink infotainment system, complete with a seven-inch touch screen.
Upgrade to a nine-speaker audio system, powered sunroof, powered driver’s seat, and navigation system. An automatically dimming rearview mirror, steering-wheel-integrated audio controls, and extra audio system speakers are also available.
· 138 hp @ 6,300 rpm
· 125 lb-ft of torque @ 3,800 rpm
· EPA highway/city fuel economy: 25/36 mpg (man), 22/35 mpg (auto)
· 138 hp @ 4,900 rpm
· 148 lb-ft of torque @ 2,500 rpm (man), 148 lb-ft @ 1,850 rpm (auto)
· EPA highway/city fuel economy: 26/38 mpg (man), 26/38 mpg (auto), 28/42 mpg (man, Eco), 26/39 mpg (auto, Eco)
· 148 hp @ 4,000 rpm
· Est. 258 lb-ft of torque @ 2,000 rpm
· Est. EPA highway/city fuel economy: 27/46 mpg